Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some totally awesome and random things...

Check it out... my team and I are in the Kitsap Sun!

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/feb/19/groups-prepares-for-mission-work-in-sierra-leone/

Plus!! I just received a call from the Pastor at Calvary Chapel Silverdale (the church my parents go to) and said that I can give a give a presentation there to raise some support! God has been so good to me! I am so excited to see how he is going to provide!

Last Friday I went to a friends house for an International Food Party! So awesome that it deserves a title in caps. A bunch of us gathered at Ambirs house for a mixture of foods from around the globe. I brought Chinese Dumplings, fried green beans, rice, and lychee jellies. There was also beef adobo (which was AMAZING), some Filipino shrimp stuff, and tons of other good food. It was a great time to get to know some new people and eat. Who doesn't love that?













A couple weeks ago, I went to Chris Jantzi's going away concert at the Global Bean and it was outstanding. I had heard a few of his songs online, but no acoustic versions and let me tell you... I was impressed. I can't wait for him to redo his album to get a copy. Go Chris, you rock star!














I am reading two books that I am pretty excited about. The first is one that you want to just recommend to everyone because of the great information it holds. It's title is Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. The other is Banker to the Poor by Muhammed Yunus. The later is by the founder of Grameen Bank that founded micro-enterprise loans. I cannot believe my trip is coming up so soon and I hope to have it finished at least once before then. I hope it will help me see ways in which I can make a real difference in the world's poorest country.

























I love the schooling program I am in at GO on the mission. It is so fun, I am learning so much, and creating great relationships. For Valentines Day all of the girls got up early and cooked for the guys. We decorated the training center and served omelets, pancakes, bacon, orange juice, and coffee. We had so much fun. I took some pictures with my camera and used the self timer to get a few of the group.

The test shots were just as much fun as the finished product. :)



























And finally...























Everyone laugh!
















Lol, Chelsea. I love you. I am sure there will be more where this came from when we get back from Africa.



I love living at the Depoe's house. I came home this afternoon and took a nice long nap because I wasn't feeling so good this afternoon then after dinner Becca came and hung out with me in my room. It was so great to spend time with her and we watched a show on the Disney channel called the Color of Friendship. She browsed some of my pictures while I took some pictures to put some things on ebay to raise some money for Africa. Then we watched Planet Earth for a bit. I love that show. I love the cinematography and the great information. I admire the patience of it's producers to provide a quality program. I am so thankful for family and friends.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had quite the week! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! It has been great being able to spend time with you ever Tuesday morning =). The bible study group is nothing short of perfect.

    ReplyDelete