
April 15 from a devotional book that I have been reading from A.J. Russell.
Obey my commands. They are steps in the ladder that leads to success. Above all, keep calm, unmoved.
Go back into silence to recover this calm when it is lost even for one moment. You accomplish more by this than by all activities of a long day. At all cost keep calm; you can help nobody when you are agitated. I, your Lord, see not as man sees.
Never feel inadequate for any task. All work here is accomplished by My Spirit, and that can flow through the most humble and lowly. It simply needs an unblocked channel. Rid yourself of self and all is well.
Pray about all, but concentrate on a few things until those are accomplished. I am watching over you. Strength for your daily, hourly task is provided. Yours is the fault the sin, if it is unclaimed, and you fail for lack of it.
In the last week I have gone back and read this time and time again, because it is an encouragement to push through the work load I am carrying this quarter. Recently, I have feel overwhelmed with the amount of reading and studying that I haven't been getting much sleep and pushing myself to limit of 'my' ability. It was one morning I came to a friend, pushed just beyond my limit and asked for prayer. She prayed for me, but before doing that she admonished me to put spending time with God first and to get some sleep. I was doing every thing in my power and the Lord had been trying to get my attention to rely on Him. This is a on going struggle for me to think that I can do it all.
Today was a beautiful day. I went to bed early last night and woke up energized. I spent some time with the Lord and went for a run to the park and looked over the water as the sun shone down on it. I haven't felt this good in months. Church was awesome and the sun is shining bright. I love days like these.
I pray that I fall more and more in love with Jesus and that he can take hold of my heart like never before. I definitely need that admonishment to keep calm and rest in Him, in more ways than one. I am so thankful that He is faithful and is my stability when my world is upside down, I am carrying a heavy load, or get distracted, as I easily do.

No comments:
Post a Comment